»

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Miss Independent

Abby has become very independent lately. Her favorite phrase has become "I do it I-self !" Translation = "I will/want to do it myself !" I don't know exactly where that one came from, but it's too darn cute. Here's a conversation that took place Monday morning on our way to take Emily to school.

The car is fairly quiet except for Abby's DVD that's playing in the backseat. Suddenly, Emily sneezes...a big one.

ABBY: Sissy, you otay?
--silence--
ME: Emily, your sister asked if you were okay.
EMILY: (typical teenager's you-are-bothering-my-world big huffing sigh) Yes, Abby, I'm okay.
ABBY: No Mommy! I do it I-self!
ME: Okay, okay. I'm sorry.
ABBY: Sissy, you otay?
--silence--
ME: (clears throat loudly to get Emily's attention again and then impatiently whispers...) Answer her!
EMILY: Yes, Abby, I'm okay.
ABBY: Otay.

Ahhh...life's fun with a teenager and a toddler!

No comments: