»

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Emily's First Football Game

Sorry I haven't posted for everyone since Thursday. Friday was a whirlwind of activities and then Emily's first football game was Friday night. I saw her when she went to bed Thursday night and then didn't see her again until we got to the game Friday night. They have practice before school on gameday so Perry had to take her to school at 6:40am Friday morning and then they don't get to come home after school because they are prepping for the game, gathering supplies, eating dinner, loading the bus, etc. Yes, they feed them dinner at school at 4:45pm! I guess they want to make sure no one misses the bus to the game! Ha, ha!

Anyway, Emily did great for her first time on the field. She made one mistake, but quickly found her place again and continued the routine. She said she was soooo nervous, but had a great time. The Broncos won the game 27 - 21. The game ended around 10:30pm, but the band and color guard have to ride the bus back to the school so it was around 11:45pm before Emily called us to come pick her up. Then, of course, she was STARVING since they do not get to eat or drink anything (besides water) after their dinner until the game is over. So Perry took her to McDonald's to grab something to eat, came back home, and then we all sat around the table listening to her tell us about everything. I think it was around 1:00am when we finally went to bed. Boy did I ever feel like YUCK the next morning when Abby woke us up!

We let Emily sleep as long as she wanted to on Saturday morning and it was about 11:30am before she graced us with her presence. Poor girl....Friday had been a LOOOONG day! She got to school at 6:40am and got home at 11:55pm. That's bad enough when the next day is Saturday, but this week's game is on Thursday night which means she has to do all of that again AND THEN GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY!!!! I seriously can't believe they make them do that. Y'all keep her in your prayers. She's going to have a rough day on Friday. So am I because I have to babysit on Friday. I hope I don't fall asleep in someone's Cheerios!

P.S. Sorry I don't have photos! I was in such a tizzy trying to make sure the camcorder was working and that I had a disc for it that I forgot to take my camera! UGH! However, someone did take a photo of Emily for us. They said they would email it to me so I'll post it later.

No comments: