»

Friday, October 17, 2008

I Miss Her!

It's Friday and I can't hold it in any longer. I miss my baby! When I'm home, I try to pretend that she's just taking a nap. When I'm away from home (I've done a lot of shopping this week), I try to pretend that she's home with Daddy or Emily.
However, pretending is just not working any more. I can't pretend she's not 692 miles away! That's just entirely TOO far! By the way, I can't even talk to her because I don't want her to realize she's missing me and get sad. It's just too much for this mommy's heart.

I miss hearing "I wuv you so mush, Mommy!" I miss those little arms wrapping around me for a hug. I miss snuggling with her and seeing her asleep in my bed. I miss that cute smile. I miss hearing her "toddler talk." I miss her excited laughter when she's playing with the dog.

On the other hand, I haven't missed picking up 5, 482 toys every day!

As I said, it's Friday. She will be home on Monday. Yes, I'm already counting the hours! Meanwhile, she's having a great time with MeMe. She even got to go to a zoo yesterday where she could actually pet the animals. MeMe said she loved it! So far, she has only asked for me once and was quickly and easily distracted. I guess that speaks pretty highly of MeMe's grandmothering skills!

Have fun with her now, Mom. I don't know if I can go through this separation again any time soon.

P.S. Emily has been enjoying this week as a thoroughly spoiled only child again! Ha, ha!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Abby has actually surprised me on how well she had done. I am so grateful for this time with her. It reminds me of the special times I spent with Emily when she was about this age. Hey, she may WANT to come back home with me!!

Tell Emily her time is getting short so her needs to enjoy the week-end and get all the Alone time she can with Mom and Dad