»

Monday, January 26, 2009

All About Emily

Yep...this entry is all about Emily. This was a busy weekend for her. Saturday morning, she had to be at school at 5am for another winter guard competition. (More on that later.) That night, she attended the McKinney Boyd Winter Formal. No date this time. Thank goodness! She and a friend from the winter guard went together. The two of them met up with some more girls from the squad at the dance and they all had a great time.

Speaking of great...doesn't she look awesome?!?! Those that know me well, know that I am a bargain shopper so I have to share the details of Emily's million-dollar look. The dress was found at a consignment store for $14. The shoes were on clearance for a whopping $8.94. The necklace was another clearance item for $6.99. Thankfully, I already had a pair of earrings and a bracelet that matched the necklace perfectly. I wish I could be so lucky to find such great bargains on everything a teenager needs! Oh, and the best part? Emily LOVED all of it. I didn't force any of my bargain hunting finds on her. LOL!







As I mentioned earlier, Emily and the other girls on the Winter Guard had another competition this past Saturday. Out of 13 schools competing, McKinney Boyd won 4th place honors. Another interesting fact: The 3 teams that place ahead of them were advanced to the next level by the judges. Hopefully that will place our girls in the running for a first place trophy in the near future! Below is the video of this week's performance. When the video starts, Emily is in the 2nd group from the right and is the girl on the right in their group of three.






Here's the You Tube link to watch it from their site. If you go to the website, there is a link under the right corner of the viewing screen that allows you to view it in HD. It provides a bigger screen and better clarity. You can actually see Emily and tell that it's her! LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6V5yygFdzk

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Emily looks beautiful and I LOVE her dress. You did good!

Catherine said...

Do I have a Beautiful granddaughter or what? Emily, I'm glad you had a good time.

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Shannon. I thought I did pretty good too! Especially considering she actually liked it! LOL!

Mom, you have FOUR beautiful granddaughters and TWO beautiful step-granddaughters! Aren't you the lucky one?!