»

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for my sink of dirty dishes because it means we have plenty of food to eat.

I am thankful for the pile of dirty laundry because it means we have plenty of clothes to wear.

I am thankful for our unmade beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

I am thankful for our mortgage payment I just paid because it means we have a roof over our heads.

I am thankful for the seemingly unending trail of toys I pick up each day because it means there are happy children playing in my home.

I am thankful for the dirty bathroom with it's streaked mirrors, toothpaste splattered sink, and damp towels lying on the floor. Many are not as blessed with such a convenience.

The presence of all these chores awaiting me says my family is richly blessed. Lord, please remind me to do them cheerfully and to do them gratefully.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Well, I don't have as much to be thankful for!! (not as much cleaning up and picking up) However, we all have so much to be thankfulfor and I really try to be grateful for the many blessing because I realize that it all comes from my Heavenly Father.