»

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new president...

The votes have been calculated and it appears that Obama will be the next president of our country. It wasn't my choice...I voted for McCain and I consider myself to be a Republican. However, I am choosing not to fuel the hatred that this country has bled for this past 8 years. We have been the laughing stock of the world with the disrespect that the general population has shown for G.W. Bush. Regardless of my political affiliation, I will choose to respect this president, honor the system that chose this man to be our leader, and model appropriate behavior towards our country's leader regardless of party until his actions, if ever, warrant the dissolution of that respect. I don't have to agree with him, but I will honor and show respect for him as well as pray without ceasing for our country and it's new leader. I hope you will join me.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Your attitude is as it should be. We are told in the Bible to pray for the leaders of our Nation and for people in authority. God is still God and he isn't asleep on the job. Our job is to pray and seek God in all that we do.