»

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Today marks another first day of school. This time as a 10th grader. Why does time go by so quickly? It seems like just last year she was in elementary school and I was putting a pretty bow in her hair and reminding her that there was no reason to be nervous. Sadly, she wouldn't let me put a bow in her hair this morning, but she did ask me to put on her make-up for her. Thankfully, I guess Mom is still needed sometimes...even when you are a teenager.


Emily,
Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
Love, Mom

3 comments:

iWonder said...

What a beautiful girl. I know you are so proud of her.

Catherine said...

Great pictures. It is hard to believe she is in the 10th grade.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful family you must have