»

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our New Photo Wall

I have been wanting to do one of these walls for a while because

1. I love pictures
2. We don't have a lot of family pictures displayed in our home
3. We love and miss our family so this helps keep them close
4. This wall needed something new above the sewing machine
5. Above a family heirloom is the perfect place for family pictures
6. I've been looking for an excuse to use those cool vinyl wall words

And so our family photo wall was created! I absolutely LOVE it! I wanted to keep it simple so I used black and white pictures with solid black frames. They will flow with just about everything I may use near them. In case you can't read it clearly, the wall quote says "FAMILY" and underneath it says "a journey to forever." I plan to change the decorations on the end of the sewing machine seasonally. The flowers and candles are just for summer. Any ideas for fall decorations?

Here's the view from the living room


Here's a close-up of the photos

(P.S. It is really difficult to get a good picture of a wall...ugh!)



1 comment:

Catherine said...

looks great. I'm sure you will think of something for fall that looks good (no doubt)