»

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to Blogland

Yesterday, Emily came up to me and said "Mom, you really need to update your blog. I have done mine!" Yeah...she's right. I do need to update this thing, don't I? OK, my 2-month hiatus is officially over. Here I am back in blogland.

Our vacation was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! How can it not be when your children look like this the entire time? Well, okay...maybe not the entire time, but more often than not!

As most of you know, we went to Panama City Beach, FL with Perry's sister, his neice, and her 2 kids. We never done a family vacation before, but I certainly hope we have the opportunity to do so again. It was a blast...even though it rained every single day! (Not all day though, thank goodness!) Anyway, I've heard horror stories about taking vacations with extended family and I can proudly say that ours was NOT one of them. Or at least it wasn't in my opinion. Hopefully no one else thinks so either so we can do it again!



Best Buds...Kate and Abby!


This was Abby's first trip to the beach and she LOVED it!!
Here she is picking up seashells in the tide pool.



And carefully inspecting each one...



Of course, I have to throw in one of Emily...even though I hardly saw her while we were there! She and Tanner had a blast being "older" and having the priviledge of running around without adults! On our last night there, we all played goofy golf...a beach trip MUST!



After our week at the beach and in Elba, the girls and I stayed in Andalusia for an additional week while Perry came back to Texas. On Friday, mom's birthday, the four of us took a day trip to Ft. Walton. Here are some of the pictures from my photo session. You know I had to squeeze one in there somewhere, didn't you?








Oh, I almost forgot to share this one! While we were in Elba, Emily wanted me to take some pictures of her in the old downtown Elba area like we had seen on a local photographer's website. Here's one of my favorites from our session.

It's so hard to believe that she starts HIGH SCHOOL on Monday!
Sniff, sniff...my baby's growing up!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I like the changes, but most of all I LOVE the pictures and the fact that you will have a lot of pictures for your children to enjoy and see all the changes along the way.