»

Friday, June 5, 2009

Can your fingers fall off from too much texting?

If so, Emily is DOOMED!

Last weekend, we upgraded all 3 cell phones since it had been about 2 years since we had done so. Today, Emily asked me if the Auburn fight song was downloadable on her phone. I figured it was, but decided to check online to make sure. (and it is) While browsing around, I noticed that it said we had sent 5021 text messages since May 22nd...beginning of our billing cycle. I laughed out loud and thought "There's no way that right!" So, I decided to pull our last 2 bills to check the usage. In March, Emily sent 3,951 text messages!!! As if that's not shocking enough, in April she sent....are you ready for this? 11,084!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's ELEVEN THOUSAND AND EIGHTY FOUR text messages in ONE MONTH! I almost spit my tea all over the desk!

So, apparently 5,021 is accurate....and apparently Emily has waaaaaay too much time on her hands! Chores, in abundance, are headed her way.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Well, at least you can say she has the art of texting. I probably couldn't send 11 thousand in a year. I am sooo slow.

Shannon said...

That is sooooo funny! This new generation. I just don't know if they will be able to talk in the future!! Everything will be communicated through texting I'm afraid.