»

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fear not...the blog has NOT been abandoned!

Well, it has been a sad, sad few weeks around here...for me anyway.

After my case of spring fever writer's block, we went on our camping trip to Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas. It was wonderful...everyone had a great time! We can't wait to go back again. The waterfall was magnificent and I did take LOTS of pictures as promised. In fact, over that 5 day trip, I took over 160 pictures! And that was after I deleted some!

However, the most horrible, dreaded thing that I could ever imagine happening, happened. Our computer crashed. I lost FOUR YEARS worth of pictures!!!! All of Abby's infancy pictures, all of our special occasions...including our camping trip, everything...gone! I literally cried and mourned the loss of my pictures for several days. I am still devastated just thinking about it. But I suppose time has a way of healing old wounds...and the loss of pictures...by creating new memories. This past weekend, I got out my camera for the first time since the crash. It was Perry's birthday and also Memorial Day. Although I still cry inside for the irreplaceable photos, I look forward to creating more. Below is one I took yesterday of Abby playing in her pool. Oh, and now I have a new obsession...digital scrapbooking! I'm sure you will be seeing lots of my creations in the near future! Ha, ha!


3 comments:

Catherine said...

It's about time to post on your blog again. I love the picture of Abby but, when did she get so big!!
She is growing up way too fast.

Suzanne said...

Oh, shush your mouth! We don't dare think about her growing up. She's the baby and growing up is not allowed. :)

Shannon said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your pictures. I lost a camera and a years worth of pics on the memory card that I never saved anywhere else. I completely understand the sadness of it, but I found myself trying to remember the pics and now they are inbedded in my memory forever!!! Just get busy making more!!